Scientific sessions will cover all topical areas and associated topics as follows:
- Radio Occultation / Reflectometry methodology in general (math-phys basis, generic aspects): mathematical-physical basis of occultation sounding; generic aspects of the forward problem (signal propagation modeling); generic aspects of the inversion problem (geophysical retrieval algorithms); occultation data assimilation (into dynamical and chemical models); commonalities, differences, and synergies of specific methods; combined use of specific methods.
- Use of Radio Occultation / Reflectometry data in atmospheric physics, meteorology and NWP: atmospheric process studies (e.g., gravity waves, tropo-/stratosphere exchange, ozone chemistry, aerosol and cloud physics); operational meteorology (weather forecasting, atmospheric analyses).
- Use of Radio Occultation / Reflectometry data in climate monitoring and research: tropo-/strato-/mesospheric monitoring of climatic variability and change; global climatology algorithms and products (e.g., temperature, water vapor, ozone, aerosol climatologies); climate model validation and improvement; anthropogenic climate change detection and attribution; climate process studies (e.g., on climate feedbacks, tropopause changes, external climate forcings).
- Specific Radio Occultation / Reflectometry methods (GNSS, LEO-crosslink, optical, stellar, solar/lunar): past, current, and planned missions and sensors; feasibility, sensitivity, and performance studies; occultation data analysis chains; data validation studies.
- Occultations in ionosphere and planetary science: occultations in ionosphere and space weather research, planetary occultations, and the future of planetary occultation science.
- Remote Sensing of Ocean, Ice and Land Surfaces Using Bistatically Scattered GNSS Signals from Low Earth Orbit Spacecraft or Aircraft
- GNSS-RO/R Observing System Simulation Experiments (OSSE)
- Current and future missions (FORMOSAT-7/COSMIC-2, Spanish PAZ mission, TanDEM-X, ): past, current, and planned missions and sensors;
Should the response of the community indicate a need to allow also for further contributions on other related topics, dedicated session(s) or poster session will be allocated to these topics.